An eagerly anticipated addition to the New Naturalist series.
The shieldbug is an amazing and beautiful species, rich with diversity in shape, form, size, life history, ecology, physiology and behaviour. But they are not commonly known, outside of specialist circles.
Richard Jones’ groundbreaking New Naturalist volume on shieldbugs encourages those enthusiasts who would otherwise be put off by the, to date, rather technical literature that has dominated the field, providing a comprehensive natural history of this fascinating and beautiful group of insects.
- Praise for Richard Jones’ previous New Naturalist, Beetles:
- ‘Highly recommended for the bookshelf of anyone wishing to be better acquainted with these remarkable insects.’ British Wildlife
- Praise for the New Naturalist series:
- ‘Taken either individually or as a whole, they are one of the proudest achievements of modern publishing’ The Sunday Times
- ‘The series is an amazing achievement’ The Times Literary Supplement
- ‘The books are glorious to own’ Independent